Turkey Dressing Recipe Simple Easy And Delicious
Bread dressing, and dressings and stuffings in general, are relatively uncomplicated dishes. They are fairly quick and easy to put together and they are absolutely fabulous to eat.
Delicious Turkey Dressing
It seems the very best dressings are some of the simplest. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when preparing a lot of dishes simultaneously so I like to keep my dressings simple. that way they are simple to manage, they taste great , and they don’t add to the stress of holiday food preparation.
Stuffing vs dressing, which is it? Well, the answer depends on what you do with it. If you fill the cavity of a bird it is stuffing. If you bake it off in its own pan it’s dressing.
A Simple Yet Delicious Turkey Dressing Recipe That Is Easy To Pprepare
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 ounces, 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, 1/4 inch dice
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 9 to 10 fresh sage leaves, fine chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme, picked and chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried sage, or to taste
- 8 cups bread cubes or croutons, cut into 1/2 inch, 1 centimeter, cubes, toasted and dried
- Add the stock to a 2-quart pan and warm it through. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add half of the butter to a 10-inch sauce pan and place over medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted add the onion and celery to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and saute until the onion is translucent. Add the fresh sage, thyme, and powdered sage to the pan and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool just to the touch.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the croutons with the onion mixture. Toss it to thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- Begin adding stock to the bowl, a little at a time, while mixing. Continue adding stock until the croutons are moistened through with getting soggy. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the dressing to a greased 9 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Cut the remaining butter into 8 to 10 pieces and arrange evenly over the top of the dressing.
- Cover the pan with foil and set aside until ready to go into the oven.
To Bake The Dressing
- If the oven isn’t hot, preheat the oven to 350º F / 175º C.
- Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Tags: turkey dressing recipe, great turkey stuffing recipe, sage stuffing recipe, stuffing vs dressing