Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
I made this recipe by modifying my peanut butter cookie recipe. The cookies came out with a beautiful marbled chocolate peanut butter look, that tastes great.
While I love cookies, sometimes I want a cookie that is healthy, or better for you than the typical cookie. I added ground flax, ground oats, cinnamon, and cocoa, all those yummy things that are good for you. As a bonus it's gluten free which makes this a great choice if you are sensitive to gluten.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Marbled Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies With Flax Seed And Cinnamon
Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies With Flax Seed And Cinnamon
- Yield: 24 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar, plus a bit extra for pressing
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grind the flaxseed and oats together or separately, in a spice grinder or spice mill. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon and whisk to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle just to mix. Add the sugars and continue mixing, at medium speed until the sugars have dissolved. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low to incorporate. The dough will be very heavy. Roll the dough into 1 to 1-1/4 inch balls and place six balls on a parchment lined sheet pan, spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork dip the tines in sugar and press each ball into a cookie by making crosshatch marks on the top.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and place the pan in the oven. Set a timer for 10 minutes and prepare the next batch. Keep working in this fashion until the dough is finished.
- When the timer is done transfer the rack to a wire rack and cool for 1 minute. Slide the parchment off the sheet pan and onto the rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- To slide the cookies off, place the sheet pan on top of the rack, pick up one end of the pan and slide it down about an inch or so. Grab the parchment and hold it firmly as you slide the sheet pan out from under the cookies, while holding the pan at a 45 degree angle to the rack.
- This produces a delicious cookie that is tender, chewy, chocolaty and peanut buttery. Not only that it is gluten free and healthy, well, apart from the sugar.
- If you want a marbled cookie, like these are, don't scrape the sides of the mixing bowl down after adding the peanut butter. Some of the peanut butter will stick to the sides of the bowl. when you add the dry ingredients only allow it to mix until it comes together into a dough.
Tags: chocolate oatmeal cookies, peanut butter chocolate cookies, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies